Thursday, March 28, 2013

chevrons gone wild

The theme of the 2nd week of Project Run and Play is 'Chevrons'. I took the theme quite liberally, and played around with the chevrons to create the tiger stencil that formed the basis of this t shirt.
 I doubted about the right color combination for a long time. Should it be brown and yellow? Grey and orange? Purple and grey? But then I found this colorful ribbon, which has a dark blue background. So grey and blue it became, with a pop of color along the sleeves and bottom hem.
After sewing the shirt together, I created a freezer paper stencil and stenciled the tiger, which would certainly be loved by M, given her recent feline fascination. However, the shirt ended up a bit short, and was thus destined for her little brother. 
Who, unfortunately, did NOT approve of his new t shirt!

O well, maybe it will grow on him before he grows out of it. 
Otherwise I'm sure that we can make another little boy happy with this cool tiger t shirt... 
In the meantime, M asked me to sew exactly the same t shirt for her. Glad that at least someone likes my style!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I loved the subtle use of the chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. I love the graphic you used and the bits of chevron around the tiger.

    ReplyDelete